Conceptual self Portrait

Conceptual means to relate or to be based on a concept. Regarding a self portrait its a representation of who you are.

This image relates to me because during the last year or so I’ve dedicated myself heavily to physical activities in hopes of physical improvement. Towards the beginning it was probably something weak like for girls or such. However with time it becomes an obsession’s from newly found confidence, abilities, and overall improvement towards life.

The basket ball is also there to represent physical activities however its something that requires major skill. Skill I don’t posses. Its more about dabbling in new hobbies and being a jack of all trades. Its more of finding out weather or not I’m capable of something and if I can become capable if not.

Cindy Sherman:

Cindy Sherman is a famous self portrait photographer that uses herself in abstract ways to create strange images. Her images such as Hauser and Wirth are incredibly captivating for their uniqueness. This one was immediately my favorite. When I searched her name, its immediately what popped out amongst all her images. All of her images were to some extent normal, and this one just stood out in black and white with miss matched pieces.